Sunday, February 17, 2013

Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal Review

I received one of these in my Holiday Vox Box in the Peach Almond flavor. I really wasn't that hungry but I figured since it seemed like it was a small cup it would be fine. The directions are super simple. I poured boiling water to the dark line on the inside an covered for a few minutes while I made my two daughters breakfast. I went back to the cup and opened it. Stirred it and found it had a delicious smell! I couldn't resist taking a bite. It was filled with crunchy almonds and big chunks of peaches that were so juicy and flavorful! This isn't your ordinary fruit oatmeal!! It's thick and each different ingredient packs a flavorful punch distinguishable from each other. I was full within a few bites (I wasn't very hungry, remember?) so I gave it to my 5 year old daughter - who hates "grown up oatmeal" because she says its "gross" - an she love it. It was a little heavy for her I think but she ate it quickly exclaiming "Mommy! This oatmeal isn't gross! Its got big yummy peaches and nuts in it!" I would give it 5 stars but to me it was a little too heavy. I get it though, It's a meal in a cup for on the go. Being full is the whole point. Make sure you're hungry!! I have gone to my local grocery store an tried the Apple Walnut version too. I personally love the Apple Walnut better with its tender apple chunks and crunchy walnuts making the perfect combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment